Mad Max delivers open world gameplay in a post-apocalyptic setting where cars are the key to survival. Developed by Avalanche Studios and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Mad Max is set to release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC in 2015. Gamers become Mad Max, a lone warrior who must fight to stay alive in The Wasteland, using vicious on-ground and vehicular combat against savage gangs of bandits. Following the theft of his iconic Interceptor, Max must align himself with a gifted, but peculiar, mechanic named Chumbucket and others to build the ultimate war vehicle as he works to escape from the dangerous Wasteland.
- Become the iconic post-apocalyptic warrior, crafting and upgrading Max’s equipment and weapons to survive by combining melee combat, gunplay and tactical techniques. Gamers must make difficult decisions as they work towards the goal of escaping The Wasteland.
- Explore the gritty, dynamic world while braving the treacherous landscapes, hostile weather patterns and deadly gangs of marauders.
- Every scrap that’s scavenged is important and can be utilized to upgrade and enhance equipment, weapons and vehicles. Gamers raid enemy encampments to gain access to valuable resources.
- Staying alive isn’t easy. Players clash with deadly factions and gangs through scores of dangerous side-missions and quests in the dynamic open world full of exploration.
- Engage in dynamic inter-vehicular combat, taking down enemy vehicles with a range of powerful weapons. Car combat is entirely physics-based, so no two battles are ever the same.
- Players design, customize and upgrade their ultimate combat vehicle – the Magnum Opus – choosing from different car bodies and a slew of upgrades including mounted weapons, armor and engines to survive another day.
The game is set to be released on 1 September 2015 in North America, 2 September in Australia, 3 September in New Zealand, and 4 September in Europe for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It was announced on 3 May 2015 that the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions had been cancelled due to their hardware restrictions. However, a SteamOS version of the game was announced. Players who pre-ordered the game can receive an additional Magnum Opus design called “The Ripper”. The Ripper, alongside with a steelbook, a collector’s box, a mini license plate and a Blu-ray copy of Mad Max: Fury Road will be included in the game’s Post-Apocalypse Edition. Players who purchase the game for the PlayStation 4 can gain access to an exclusive piece of content, the “Road Warrior Survival Kit”. The Road Warrior Survival Kit contains twelve different hood ornaments for the Magnum Opus. The exclusivity of this content will end on November 30, 2015.